A Safe Sanctuary Policy is enforced to guide the day-to-day childrens' and youth ministries at Green Street. These procedures will demonstrate to members and visitors our commitment to being a safe and holy place where children and youth can grow in faith.
Its major component parts include the following:
- Everyone working with children and youth, paid and unpaid, undergo a screening process, including a criminal background check.
- Everyone working with children and youth must be actively involved at Green Street.
- Everyone working with children and youth shall be subject to a probationary period for review and evaluation.
- Every room specifically designated for activities involving children and youth shall have windowed doors.
- All counseling rooms shall have windowed doors.
- A minimum of two adults will be present at all children's activities except when events are held in rooms with open doors or doors with windows at a time when the education wing is in general use.
- Overnight events shall be chaperoned by same-gender adults.
- Protocols for reporting and following through regarding claims of abusive behavior have been established.